Aug 13, 2009

"I love how some people try and sneak into COOL places..." - L.C.

I've known people who spend their energy on getting into the Oscars, the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Shows, Wicked, and a variety of other VIP venues, events, and what-have-you. I, on the other hand, treasure the thought of getting into Elite Clubs! (And I ain't talkin' about a night at the Roxbury!)

Most exclusive New York Clubs began with only gentlemen members, and only recently allow female members. That being said, you still need a lot of luck, and even better credentials or specialization to get past the door of many.

I happened to luck out a couple years ago with a visit to the New York Explorer's Club. This did not disappoint - however I will have to dedicate a post to that at another time. (In the mean time, if you are interested, I suggest starting out by going to a Monday night lecture.)

I am currently working on getting an invitation to enter the gates of the New York Yacht Club. Here is a glimpse at why my heart quickens at the thought...






No comments:

Post a Comment