Aug 14, 2009

A fast forthcoming celebration...

I have been meditating on what is important and what I want from this year. Here are the disjointed steps I am taking in preparation for feliz cumpleaƱos a mi...

I have changed my face book info settings to "view birth date and month" not year.

I am commissioning my favorite hair stylist to give me a new look and a photographer to document it.

I also plan on listening primarily to the Kings of Convenience, audio books, and podcasts for the next 12 months.

Keep reading books that are recommended, books that come out, and the New Yorker.

Look for more ways to serve my neighbors.

Try to use more annunciation reflective of Wynona Rider's grown-up Jo March or (sparingly) of Kathryn Hepburn's Tracy Lord. (ie from exasperating phrases like "I'm hopelessly flawed" and "I'm such an unholy mess of a girl".)

Lastly, but most important, I plan on focusing more on my sphere of influence and less on my sphere of concern.

(image by M.C. Escher who once said “I want to delight in the smallest of things, a bit of moss 2cm in diameter on a little piece of rock, and I want to try here what I have been wishing for so long, namely to copy these tiniest bits of nothing as accurately as possible just to realize how great they are.”)

Mid-twenties promise to be a transcendent time of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment