Jul 14, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things: (or) Money Doesn't Grow On Trees

I now have a window box planter with the following items flourishing in it:

Geraniums: 1 light lavender plant that is blooming and looks really healthy - the color is not to bright - really soothing and sweet.
Violets: I have one that has yet to flower, but the leaves are nice and fuzzy.
Shamrock: 3 little white flowers came out this weekend!
Ivy: always a nice hearty touch.

I really want a moon flower -- I had one at University and it died when I left it in my parents yard, I think. They are really delicate, but really beautiful...


I have a braided "money" tree. I got it at Blooms on 5th. I just found out it should help with the feung shui of my apartment. Though I don't put a lot of emphasis on that philosophy, I did look into it and the little hanging crystals and this fun braided plant really did help me feel more comfortable within my new space when placed in proper position.



Sadly, my 2 desert-y plants aren't doing too well. It just isn't dry enough to have my favorite succulents around. We will see how long they hang on.

***If anyone knows a welder, I have a set of 2 sea horse candle sconces and one was broken about a year ago, and hasn't been fixed. I know that even if it's leg is reattached it wont be that strong, but I would like to see what can be done.

Tuesday I expect the bench that I ordered from crate & barrel to arrive - already got the baskets:





All together these little mundane things are helping to make my little house (studio) into a home.

I hope you enjoy the day, and remember to love the ones you're with!

No comments:

Post a Comment