Apr 14, 2009

Austrailian Fever - Stream of Consciousness

I recently found this stunning knit at a place called EVA NY. I went there for a special sale event highlighting a friend's line. I was instantly drawn to this piece for it's vibrant colors and it's texture. This is not a print. it is a textured knit cape/hoodie. I was reminded of a brief stay in Australia back in 2000 when I first saw this technique.


Coogi is an Ausie brand that stakes the most claim in this technique, but I am on the hunt now to find more designers using this technique and applying it to different forms. Here is some Coogi, so you get an idea...

Coogi "Authentic" Men's

(Detail w/ Logo)

Coogi Women

Coogi Tote


Inspired by my find I have been looking into other brightly colored pattern applications. Above is a design by MIA.


More MIA.

MIA has been known for her style, baby bump and all, ever since leaving fashion school in LDN to pursue her music career along side boy-friend/Musical Stylist Diplo. Her style was recently compared to the sensibilities of jean-charles de castelbajac (Below).






Have fun. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment