Aug 14, 2008

Whats in a name (and other musings)


I recently explained the etymology of my emblem "good pure fun" to a friend and I thought it might be time to pass this information along here as well...

The name bonnieKate, which has been one of many nick names in my life, is short for Bonnie Kathryn. Bonnie - meaning good, and Kathryn - meaning pure, it was a natural title to work under for my projects.

It is a reminder for me to embrace the core potential for good, without ignoring the overwhelming propensity toward "bad" and "non fun" in life. Staying grounded and practical while keeping a healthy optimism is a huge goal for me.

I hope something in that concept is encouraging for you too.


















I finally got some magnets for my fridge - now I just need a new article to hang there - I think I have hung on to that for 1 1/2 years now....

















And here are some of the old men of my 'hood. Len, the one in the middle just moved out of my building. Along with a few unoccupied stairs of our stoop, I will miss him greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment