Jul 15, 2008

Crazy Dragon Eels - love 'em!




I am not sure why, but I love these frighteningly beautiful creatures. Though my favorite of the wild and wet kingdom still remains the Leafy Sea Dragon, this Dragon follows close behind. I remember when I lived with my parent's as a child, and we would take trips to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, the eel they had there was brown and orange, as
I recall, and not nearly as attractive as Eels or Dragons I have seen since. However, I think my interested did spark even as early as then.

The real captivating moment would have been my day tripping from One Island to another on a visit to Hawaii when I saw one slither by me as I snorkeled in the rain. Somehow that intrigued me rather than freaking me out, and it took a jelly fish sting to get me out of that water.

All in all my very best memory of a Dragon Eel, I have to say, was a collaboration of imagination between a good friend and I on a little doodle we refer to as Patti The Dragon Eel. Inspired by care advice found on www.saltwaterfish.com and a little bit of our own flavor added. Patti smokes various substances in an arm chair draped in a maroon lounging jacket
when she has the chance to escape from her tank (a common occurrence for Hawaiian Dragon Eels, I guess...) Regardless of the fact that I cant seem to find this scetch, Patti lives on in our hearts.

As an added bonus for this post I include a photo I took of a guy in Florida who had a Leafy Sea Dragon Tattooed on his shoulder!!!


.....after further consideration, I think I may invest in a tank before a flat screen. Here is the image that convinced me: (or I may just get the flat screen and buy a DVD of an aquarium and call it a day)


No comments:

Post a Comment