Sep 15, 2010

Sometimes the Ups - outweigh the Downs...

This week has been a bit tumultuous. In order to take the good with the bad, I decided to count my blessings and take a little inventory.

UPS
Marginally avoided stepping in sidewalk vomit, pee, and poop in high heels!

DOWNS
Living in a city where sidewalk poop, pee, and vomit are a regular obstacle

UPS
A friend gets an interview

DOWNS
A friend wants to quit

UPS
Infusing buttermilk with lavender for a cake

DOWNS
Preferred outfit did not arrive on time for the Lincoln center show

UPS
Received a genuine hug from a non-frightening street performer - followed by a "chin up" nod-and-smile combo.

DOWNS
Had a tear-full conversation with a friend in a bar

UPS
Had an insightful conversation with strangers at the bar. One man observed:

The older I get - the less I know.
...But I do know that Women are superior to men.
They are more capable than men,
and they suffer more.

....

"Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
- Saint Francis of Assisi

No comments:

Post a Comment