Jun 2, 2010

If I were a butterfly...

I've been re-thinking my post "Please, Lord, give me strength". I'd been feeling low down, but today I talked on the phone with my bestie and started to realize again how great things really are! Primarily, I feel really lucky to know so many talented people who are taking the opportunities to do what they thrive at. The world seems mysteriously guiding us along. I feel privileged to see the strength that they have in their uniqueness and also the strength that they inspire in me through their commitment and faith.

My friends have failed. They have even failed me! But that is when I can recall how I was made to be just as I am...contrary to popular belief that we can accomplish Anything I believe we are able to accomplish specific things that we are meant to. Which oddly brought to mind this children's song from days of yore... enjoy...


The Butterfly Song
If I were a butterfly,
I'd thank You Lord for giving me wings.
If I were a robin in a tree,
I'd thank You Lord that I could sing.
If I were a fish in the sea,
I'd wiggle my tail and I'd giggle with glee,
But I just thank You Father for making me, me.


For you gave me a heart and you gave me a smile,
You gave me Jesus and you made me your child,
And I just thank you Father for making me, me.

If I were an elephant
I'd thank you Lord, by raising my trunk.
If I were a kangaroo,
You know I'd hop right up to you.
If I were an octopus,
I'd thank you Lord for my fine looks.
But I just thank you Father for making me, me.

If I were a wiggly worm,
I'd thank you Lord that I could squirm.
If I were a fuzzy, wuzzy bear,
I'd thank you Lord for my fuzzy, wuzzy hair.
If I were a crocodile,
I'd thank you Lord for my great smile.
But I just thank you Lord for making me, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment