Jan 3, 2011

Roll Call! - aka - Look What the Post Man Dragged In?

I came home the other day and found these items on my kitchen table.
None of it was addressed to me, but I had to take a peek:

See Any Familiar NAMES? Or FACES?

It's cool if you don't. I just got excited to see my friend Jennifer Mills up there with some others I know, and recognize - being acknowledged for their creative impetus.

And what do we have here? It's me and my brother at an art consultation with Miss Mills...
(article by Barry Krammes - a prof at my alma mater.)

Then there was this:

Mostly an interview with front-man Nathan Willett, I liked what I read. I haven't seen these guys in too long, but I will always remember that small house party in Long Beach where I first heard this crew jam. That, and when I heard one of their hits covered in Berlin. (Wacky!)

I look forward to seeing what they come up with next - both with the band and individually. (I really dig their bassist's visual art and own a couple works.) Their new album is out at the end of the month.


And this:

This one is a trick: Design by Jessica Nelson-Kemp.
NBD - just a super awesome campagne filled with fun paper replicas
and colors that will knock your socks off!

No comments:

Post a Comment