Sep 30, 2009

Desiree Started a joke, and it started the whole world blogging*

My friend Des just started a blog, partly inspired by a culinary tutorial that we enjoyed the other night with Raw Foodie Judita Wignall.

photo by Desiree G.

In similar food-news I watched Julie/Julia last night at a discount theater in Brooklyn last night. I had been looking for a cheaper place to check out current flix and was pleasantly surprised by the selection of films and the clean and tidy appearance of the facility (and the reasonable price, to say the least).

The film itself was...delightful. (I know I have been over using this word lately. I blame my friend Ashley, as well as the fact that there are just so many lovely little things popping up all around me.) My mom saw this one 3 times in the theater. (I blame Nora Ephron for that.)

After the film we couldn't help but stop in at the Chocolate bar for a dessert.

But back to the Raw Food phenomenon. It is totally genius! The only draw back (not the tase, believe me) was the fact that I need several new kitchen utensils in order to make many of the dishes. (Ok, AND Cheese options are limited to unpasteurized goat cheese if you must have some...boo)

Here are just a few favorite dishes we enjoyed:
-Greenalicious Energy Soup: made with Kale, Garlic, Lime, Tomatoes, Salt, Avocado, and water.
-Angel hair pasta with pesto: made with basil oliv oil, raw pine nuts, more garlic, salt, and spiraled ZUCCHINI.
-Cinnamon Chia (cha-cha-cha-chia) Pudding: made with vanilla Brazil nut milk, chia seeds, agave, cinnamon, and sea salt.

There were a lot of health benefits to eating fresh and raw. If you have access to the ingredients I recommend looking into it. There are a lot of websites regarding this form of diet.

Here is to YOUR health, bon appetite!






*And now for the follow up to the bee gees reference in the title...


I started a joke, which started the whole world crying,
but I didn't see that the joke was on me, oh no.

I started to cry, which started the whole world laughing,
oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was on me.

I looked at the skies, running my hands over my eyes,
and I fell out of bed

Til I finally died, which started the whole world living,
oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was on me.

I looked at the skies, running my hands over my eyes,
and I fell out of bed, hurting my head from things that I'd said.

'Til I finally died, which started the whole world living,
oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was one me.

No comments:

Post a Comment